The NWC supplies 190 million gallons of potable water each day to its more than 400,000 registered accounts representing about 2 million persons across Jamaica. Within the last five decades, the growth of the industrial sector added to the establishment of several new residential communities in various sections of St. Andrew, St. Catherine and many other parishes across Jamaica, has led to the increased demand for potable water.
Over the years, the NWC has increased its emphasis on customer service by increasing the number of customer service centres and payment facilities islandwide, the modernization of commercial offices, the use of significantly enhanced information technology, and through training activities for various employees in customer relations. Efforts are also continuing to minimize complaints by customers in relation to the various areas of service delivery by the NWC.
In recognition of the need for further improvements in operations and service delivery, the National Water Commission has embarked on an ambitious Transformation Programme tied to the Vision of becoming the # 1 water services utility in the Caribbean and Latin America by 2015 and in seeking to fulfill the Mission of contributing positively to national development by providing high quality potable water and sewerage services to residents and businesses through a competent and motivated team in a cost effective and sustainable manner.
- An increased number of qualified and trained Customer Service Representatives
- An out-sourced Call Centre operations as well as a twenty-four (24) hour Control Centre, equipped with additional telephone lines, toll-free numbers and response teams
- Support for Customer Service from Community Relations, Corporate Public Relations, Marketing and Development, Business Support Services and other departments throughout the Commission
- Increase variety and convenience options for bill payment, outside of the commercial offices
Bill payment locations include:-
Note: To minimize the risk of disconnection, it is highly recommended that overdue bills be paid at NWC Commercial offices.
- National Commercial Bank
- Jamaica National Building Society
- RBC (Royal Bank of Caribbean)
- Paymaster Outlets
- Bill Express
- All NWC Commercial Offices
- Online Payments options (Bill Express, Paymaster, commercial banks which offer the service)